Friday, May 10, 2013

FFC08 - Trigger Challenge

Welcome back to another new challenge here at Festive Friday! We had a record number of entries for our last challenge, which is so exciting for us. It's such an awesome feeling to see that we are inspiring more and more players every week to work on their holiday card stash!

As usual, we had some favourites that we wanted to highlight for you!

Shout Outs!


We thought that using a tiny wooden bird to accent her bow was brilliant on Maureen's part!


Kirsty created such a peaceful little scene with her cute little friend hanging a little star on the tree!


We loved the serene feel of Marcia's card, using these beautiful icy tones - perfect for the holidays!

And our Winner!


We had to give Tanis a win for being the only designer to post a penguin in our gallery! Easy to forget that these cute little guys are birds too!

Congratulations ladies! Please email Meredith at delightfulwaste@gmail.com for your blog badges!

This week, we are issuing a Trigger Challenge. That means that whatever the trigger conjurs up for you, we want to see it in your creations. You don't have to use the actual trigger word in your projects, but we'd love for you to tell us how it inspired you!

Photo Source
Here is some inspiration for you from our Design Team:

Amber*
*Amber is feeling under the weather this week, so we've re-purposed an
older favourite project that suited our theme perfectly!

Meredith
This week, we are excited to be joined by Audrey Tokach, of Pink Ink Originals



My name is Audrey Tokach and I am a SAHM to two beautiful boys, Logan (11) and Joshua (9).  My wonderful husband Drew and I have been married for almost 12 years.  We live in sunny Florida, but I grew up in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs and will always call it home.  I am an animal lover (just ask my 2 Cocker Spaniels and 4 felines!).  I started scrapbooking in 2001 while pregnant with my oldest son and in 2009, I was introduced to the wonderful world of stamping.  After a few orders of clear stamps and Copic markers, and I was hooked!  Apart from stamping, I enjoy altered art and 3D home decor projects.  Please visit my blog, Pink Ink Originals, to see what I've been up to!! 

Here is Audrey's *adorable* card for this week's challenge:



Now that you've seen what we did with the trigger, it's your turn! Create any holiday themed project based on the trigger word and link us up below! You can combine our challenge with your other favourite challenges, and enter as many times as you like. This challenge will run until May 22, 2013 at 11:59PST. 

***Please remember to link up your actual blog post and not just your blog address!***

***As it takes time for our designers to visit your blog, please consider shutting off your captcha so that we might be able to more easily leave you some love!***

2013 Festive Friday Grand Prize! 
We want to give you even more incentive to stay on top of your holiday card stash, and we also want to encourage you to continue playing with us! Our last challenge will launch in the middle of November, and at that time, we will be offering a $40 Gift Certificate to one of three online shops to one lucky player who has participated in 15 or more of our challenges! Keep the images of your entries handy - you'll need them!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies!!! I'm so delighted, and I'm picturing my little penguin doing a happy dance right now!

Lisa Elton said...

Awwww I just love all of your sweet treats cards girls. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Maureen said...

thanks for the shoutout! I'm loving the challenges! So fun to have a focus :)

Ruth S said...

Love the challenge - it was fun to play! Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

Kirsty said...

Oh! Thanks for the shout out!

Deborah Frings said...

Just found your challenge - Ardyth pointed me in your direction! My card fits perfectly - so I'm joining the fun. BTW - lovely inspiration cards.